Sunday, February 10, 2013

Digital News!


Well so here’s what I came up with. Since this whole class is supposed to be digital journalism and digital reading and writing and all that, and it’s supposed to be all the rage and everything, I figured there probably is something in the news about digital stuff that I could follow. Sure enough, I starting googling and found out that Rutgers is actually starting a Center for Digital Studies right here in Camden. I’m not exactly sure what that means but I guess that’s what I’m going to find out.

I do know that they already starting hiring someone to run it. (Apparently, they decide to have a center before they even have someone to be in charge of it, so that’s a little weird.) Here’s the link to job: http://bit.ly/14LNSnP (You have to scroll down a little.)

I figure I’ll try to find out who is putting this Center together and maybe interview them about it or something. Like find out what they’re going to do and all that. 

So look at that! Digital news in digital news! This is easier than I thought!

4 comments:

  1. Holy digi-wow, Batman! This is an awesome project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just heard tell that someone applying for the job is going to be on campus this week and giving a talk! I'll post an update on this when I know more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the Dickens is all this? "Digital Journalism"? Gad zooks! And it's about more digital nonsense? Is this what we've come to? What ever happened to good old pencil and paper and full sentences instead of all this "LOL" and "digi-wazzits"? Now it's all blogs and tweets and "like" buttons that pass for a university education? Honestly, I thought we beat Rowan...

    ReplyDelete