Friday, April 5, 2013

Dr. Stone's First Clue


This is getting curiouser and curiouser. Dr. Stone writes me and email and says:

If I want to keep technologists like Dr. Zap away from my meeting, I need only use something bit-heads like him seem to know nothing about: actual books! Ergo...

There is one on Reserve from me to you 
In the place to go when you need to know!
A Meeting Place you are sure to find
If you can read between the lines.
In another iteration I spoke of “secret signs.”
Here you’ll find “tokens betwixt us of more fitnesse farre”
And when you find them, the room will be there.

I guess this is a clue to where his meeting will be. Can anyone out there help figure it out???

12 comments:

  1. I think i know where the meeting place is.......there are lots of resources there, i believe:) anyone else have an idea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "tokens betwixt us of more fitnesse farre" is from "The Odyssey"

    ReplyDelete
  3. From "The Odyssey"? How do you even know that!?

    And does it mean the meeting place is in ancient Greece? That doesn't seem very likely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, yup this paгagгaρh is
    in fact nіce and I haѵe learneԁ lot of things
    from іt сonceгning blogging. thаnkѕ.


    Look at mу ωeb sitе: www.boneshakermag.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! I think I've just been spammed! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Go to the library. Get the copy of the Odyssey that Dr. Stone has put on reserve.
    Look for the quote in the book and see if the room number is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL--well that all makes sense! "There's one on Reserve in the place to go when you need to know..." (He even capitalized the R!) Given the quotes, it probably is the Odyssey. Find the quote and see! Clever, Dr. Stone.

      Only problem is, I'm still convalescing and won't be on campus for a bit yet. Can someone who is there go look for a book Dr. Stone has on reserve in the library? Seems worth a shot anyways....

      Delete
  6. Found a clue in Homers book- Found as " Well done. I will see you in room AB- Stone" Underlined in the book was " Tokens betwixt us of more fitnesse farre" Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was written in the book!? That's crazy! But OK...Dr. Stone's meeting is in Room AB, I guess.... where ever that is... and whenever...

      Delete
  7. When someone writes an paragraph he/she keeps the image of a user
    in his/her brain that how a user can know
    it. Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

    My site: bmi calculator

    ReplyDelete